Sunday, September 20, 2009

26.2 Miles, Booyah!!



I RAN THE BOULDER BACK ROADS MARATHON TODAY!!!!!!!!! WAHOOO, 26.2 GRUELING MILES! I have been training for 18 weeks for this day to come and wow, was I nervous. I had nerves all morning before the start at 8am. The run was HOT and very HILLY!! I am not used to running in the heat, so I was feeling pretty awful by 14ish miles. It wasn't my muscles so much as that I felt like I was overheating. But non the less I FINISHED my marathon. Dave ran with me for the last 7 miles or so and was a great encouragement to keep me going. I do not think I could have finished without him. It took just under 6 hours to complete. Not the best time but I did my best under the circumstances!! Now I think I am going to retire from my marathoning days. I plan on never doing another, but at least I was able to meet a life time goal of running the 26.2 miles that it takes to get through a marathon!!


Really Nervous for the Start :)



Mile 8: Still feeling okay.



Feeling pretty bad with only 200 yards to go. With may Afgani-Motivational Coach.


DONE!!


Thank you DAVE!!!!!!


Done :)


Thank you Beth and Kailey for coming out to support!! It was great to have you cheering for me!! Thanks for the flowers too!!

2 comments:

Rockwall Smith Family said...

Yeah! Congrats, that is awesome Gwen!!

Carrie and Carlie said...

So excited for you! Congratufrigginlations!! way to kick some marathon A$$! Super proud of you! Sorry we couldn't make it to cheer you on in person we were cheering in spirit from across the sea!!