Monday, January 30, 2012

A few random thoughts...

I had this past week off. Let's call it calm before the storm. I had a week to organize, relax, prepare, read, stalk people on FB, and mentally get ready to see Dave even less than I do now. I did some awesome things like sewing two pillows, washing the car, checking the alignment of the car (not me, but I took it to the place), starched/ironed a bunch of shirts, went running each day, snuggled with Asher, cooked meals, cleaned the crap out of our apartment (bleach included), and studied ventilators for my upcoming ICU rotation. I was busy most every day and I feel ready to face the next 10 weeks. It will be difficult but I am rejuvenated after a week off.



As for my random thoughts:

-"Stronger" by Kanye West is still my top favorite running song. I prefer it to be on repeat so I can hear it over and over again..."Now that don't kill me, can only make me stronger..."

-Positive thinking is vital to surviving life. Changing your mindset is a powerful tool.

-Curve balls in life are often thrown by God. He knows and He heals. I laugh every time I think about last December when Dave and I were heart broken about the AF and Residency drama. But now, I know it was because God knew we were not ready, or knew for some other reason, we needed to wait. Dave is doing great this year and in March we should know where Dave starts his Emergency Medicine Residency. Pray. Wait. And know He is in control.

-I have the most beautiful nieces and I can't wait to meet another one in June!

-I am obsessed with our cat, Asher (ha, ha, ha, I even put a picture up with this post). She plays catch, responds to her name, snuggles, challenges the vacuum, makes me smile, jumps in small boxes, and loves bacon:)

-Dave and I have been married for 4.5 years. Wow, just wow. I still love him dearly and I can't imagine my life without him.
We make an awesome team! I love you Dave!

1 comment:

mom said...

Yes you guys do make an awesome team. we can't imagine our lives without YOU!