Friday, January 29, 2010

Because I Got High...

Last night I had the best run of my life! I definitely had a "runner's HIGH," hence the blog title. I went to the gym to run on the treadmill (which I despise) but I felt great as I began running. I was planning on running 5 miles, but instead I ran 9 miles in 77 minutes. Which is very fast for me. Usually I run a 10 minute mile, but last night I felt like I had an out-of-body experience and ran at about 8.5 minute miles. Amazing! I am sure I looked crazy being on the tread for that long, but it was awesome. I wore some new bright orange shorts (thanks to Kailey seeing them on sale at Old Navy), so I am sure that made the difference in my running:) Anyway, I felt like a was on crack, but hey, this has never happened before, so I am going to enjoy this feeling as long as I can. Also, I usually do not listen to music when I run, but last night I got the I-Pod from the car and decided I needed it for the treadmill. The rendition of music I listened too was made up of only a few because I get addicted to listening to specific songs while running. I think I only listened to like 4-5 songs over the course of 77 minutes. I know, I am crazy but...'N-n-now what don't kill me, can only make me stronger', 'I got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night, tonight's gonna be a good, good night', 'Baby you can have whatever you like, I said you can have whatever you like, yeah'... just a small sampling. Well, I just thought I would share my special feeling after running but I am sure you all think I am a bit strange now more than ever. Oh well, just being honest.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i think you are cute

kails said...

haha... you are a little crackhead, but that is why i love you :)
i'm glad you enjoyed your run in your AWESOME shorts. you should probably wear them at the marathon.

Carrie and Carlie said...

ha ha! your post made me laugh! I had 'tonight is gonna be a good night...' in my head forever after spin class last week!

Carrie and Carlie said...

oh and maybe I need some little orange shorts- my running is super sucky!