Saturday, January 9, 2010

Deal of 2010!

I just had to post this deal of the year (at least so far)... On New Year's Day, I went shopping with all the women in Dave's family/extended family. I was not too pumped to go, but after we got there, I got a shopper's high! I got this comforter set for $10 from Dillard's, yes, $10. It was originally over $300, but I think it was mismarked and I took advantage. I was pretty excited since I have not really bought anything for our bed because it is expensive and I had not found anything I could commit too, but for $10 I think I can commit. Here are the photos of the bedding. I really like it and it includes some accent colors which I love!!




On another note, Dave has started his surgery rotation at Rose Hospital. He has 8 weeks of general surgery then he has his last rotation of his third year which is OB/GYN. The start of his rotation has been extremely time consuming but over all he has enjoyed it. He scrubs in for all the surgeries and has been able to get his hands in there as well. I do not like him to tell me too many details, just in case I pass out :), but he has been able to assist the surgeons. I am surprised ho much they let him do, but it is great to start learning hands on. Right now, Dave is thinking more about Emergency Medicine (EM) as his specialty and will be in contact with a doctor that is at Wilford Hall in San Antonio. He gained this contact through a EM doctor he currently works with and he is excited to talk to an Air Force doctor that has gone through the residency program in San Antonio and also has been a practicing EM doc with the Air Force. I will keep you posted with any interesting information.

I have been keeping busy with work. We have to re-verify insurance for 2010, so this is very time consuming but it makes the days fly by. These next few weeks should be interesting with Dave being gone a lot, but I am looking forward to time to myself and hopefully visiting family.

No comments: