Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dayton

I just arrived in Dayton, OH for a 4 week AF rotation. It should be pretty interesting. My room is nice, but it is very hotel-like. In San Antonio, my room was more like an apt with a stove and full size fridge. Here I have a mini-fridge and a microwave but that is it. I drove around outside the base a little bit, and this place is quite "ghetto". I've heard from other AF peeps that have already been here that this is kind of a dying base, and so far I believe it. It is really trashy around the base, and the base itself doesn't seem very nice either. It should be an interesting four weeks, but I will make the best of it. My friend and old roommate EZ only lives about an hour and a half away in Toledo, so I look forward to seeing him, as well as my childhood friend Dana and her family. I'll be working in the emergency department at the hospital on base. If I will have a few days off in a row here we will see if Gwen can come visit. I'll keep you posted on how things are going, and I appreciate your prayers that I will impress the right people and will have a good time during my stay here.

1 comment:

mom said...

prayer are coming your way.....love you, be blessed!!!!