Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dayton Update and Interview

Three weeks here in Dayton. It hasn't been too bad, the ER is not super busy or exciting, but it could be worse. Overall I've learned some stuff while I've been here, I've done a lot of reading, and I did see the one neat attraction Dayton has - the National Museum of the USAF. It is a world class museum, full of planes, everything from Wright brothers planes to F-22 Raptors. The even have THE plane that dropped the A-bomb, which I thought was pretty cool.

Today I interviewed in Columbus at The (have to add that) Ohio State University. I actually really liked the program, the residents seemed really happy and the curriculum was one of the best I've seen. If I end up getting a civilian deferred residency slot I'm sure this program will rank high on my list.

This weekend I will be heading back to Columbus to go to an OSU football game with with college roommate, Eric. He is originally from Columbus and we will stay with his parents. It should be a trip to experience big time college football, a stadium of 105,000 packed full of hardcore fans. CSU just didn't have the same intensity. And next week I get to go home, which I am looking forward to.

No comments: