Friday, December 23, 2011

Quick Trip to St. Louis

This weekend we went to St Louis, MO. Dave had an interview with Washington University and we have friends that live there. The Kothe's are the couple we went to Hawaii with and they recently bought a home in the area. It was great to spend time with them and Dave had a great visit with Wash U's program. I don't think it outweighs Denver Health, but it is a great second or third choice. We visited St Charles (an old part of the area with cobble stone streets), the St Louis Zoo (it was free and awesome!), and the Science Museum (also free). While at the zoo, we saw the penguin parade in which I was about 1 foot away from a penguin! Awesome! We also ate some delicious Italian food on the "Hill" which is the Italian neighborhood. It was a wonderful weekend away. I unfortunately got the stomach flu on our last day in St Louis and spent the day nauseated and/or in the bathroom. By bathroom I mean, public restroom and airport toilets:( No bueno, but I survived the flight and spent the next day resting. All in all, it was a great trip!

While in St Charles, there was an old time Christmas celebration and Dave met not only Santa, but .....

AMERICA SANTA!!


Yup, that is me, watching the penguin parade!

Caitlin and I with a giant penguin.

Penguin Parade:)

No comments: