Friday, August 24, 2012

Dressed up for Pro Cycling!

The USA Pro Cycling Challenge charged though Colorado August 20-26th.
I went with Eric (Dave and I's college friend) to see a mountain stage over Independence Pass just outside of Aspen.
E and I woke up super early and snagged a spot at the top of the pass. Only the crazies and cycling enthusiasts were up there and I guess it made me a little crazy to be there. People were passing out tequila shots, cheese balls, beer, olives (pitted of course), and many other odds and ends of food. Cow bells rang, people screamed and the cyclists buzzed by to the top.
It was a great opportunity to see up close just how hard these men work. Eric dressed up in his high school water polo speedo and cape to encourage the riders. I think he did a pretty great job by giving them inspiration to cycle faster.
The views were incredible and I had a wonderful day. Thanks for the invite Eric!

No comments: