Thursday, March 21, 2013

Coming October 6th...

...Baby Otten is due!

Dave and I are pregnant and can't be happier.  I am almost 12 weeks along with my due date being October 6th, 2013.  We had a doctor's appointment today and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat!  It made me tear up and SMILE.  Once we were done, Dave and I strolled by the Emergency Department were he works and Dave ultrasounded (yes, ultrasounded, as in a verb) me and we got to SEE the baby!  It is still so small, but we could view the baby's arms and legs moving and the heart beating at about 160 beats per minute.  It was one of the best days I've ever had.  It has made this prenancy seem more real.  I'm not quite sure why I have had this feeling of it not being real, but I guess I was scared to fall in love with this little baby before I could see it and know it is safe.  I still have a long way to go, but having heard the heart beat has made me feel so happy and so much better about the baby.  I have felt nauseous/throwing up since about week 4, so I should be the one person that thinks this is real, but not until I heard the heart beat did it hit me.

Dave and I are having a BABY!  Wow.  I am so excited, yet so scared of becoming a parent.