Friday, May 1, 2009

Crazy Kitties...

So, our friend Gina is out of town this week, so I am watching her kitty. It is the grey kitten in the pictures with Ash. Her name is Lily and she is very sweet, but much more mello than Asher. The past few nights have been really interesting.

Night #1: Asher did not come to bed at all. She was on Lily-watch all night. Asher has too worried to come to bed and relax because Lily might also get comfy on the bed. So, in turn, Asher made Lily stay out in the living room while she watched her (all night). I was a little sad because I missed Asher sleeping with me, but I understood since this is how Asher always gets when Lily first comes over. Anyway, while I was drinking my tea in the morning, Asher was laying on the coffee table but she was unable to keep her eyes open or her head up. But every time she heard Lily's collar, her eyes opened and she made sure Lily was not on the couch or near me. Hilarious! Poor little Asher was exhausted after a night of being on guard.

Night #2: I decided to lock Lily out of the room and make Asher stay with me. Well, it was a good idea for a few hours, but then Asher and Lily began talking to each other through the closed door. It is quite annoying to be woken up by two whinny cats, so I opened the door and just decided that Ash would not be keeping me company. At about 2am, the two kittens thought it was a good time to begin playing and chasing each other. This entails then darting from room to room tackling, play-biting and grunting at each other. All of a sudden, I opened my eyes to see Asher climbing up the curtains/window in our bedroom with Lily on her tail. I yelled at them and they scurried off. I shut the door and left them out for the rest of the night. As soon as the alarm went off in the morning though, the two were eager to come wake me up and play. I thought this was pretty funny and I am looking forward to the nights ahead. Two 8 month old kittens in one apartment; I think it could be a sitcom on TV or maybe I need a nanny cam to catch them on camera and win America's Funniest Home Videos.

Well, there is an update on my exciting life:)

1 comment:

kails said...

gwen. i think you need to have interaction with someone other than the cats. let's hang out.