Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sewing, kitties and hospital updates...

Dave's mom, Beth, got me a sewing machine for my birthday last year and I finally opened it up and took it for a test drive! Yes, I know, 8 months later, but at least I am sewing! Thankfully the machine came with an intro CD-ROM with an explanation of loading the machine with thread. It is actually quite simple once you get the hang of it.

My first project was not that difficult, but a project non-the-less. I sewed covers for the pillows to our couch. I never liked the fabric on the pillows that came with the couch so now I covered them with a gold colored fabric that looks great against the red couch. I also made cute little decorative pillows that have a colorful floral design to match and also bring in sum spice. It looks so good! I am totally excited about the addition. I will have to post pictures when I get the camera back from Dave (he took it to Cheyenne Wells, to document the facilities and eventually show all of us the exciting town and hospital). I feel like such a little home-maker while Dave is away working his tail off:)

Hmmm... anymore kitty stories? Of course I do, since they are my main entertainment lately! Well, the two of them have been quite the little characters. This morning they were playing a game on the bed (at 5:30 am) called "don't let Lily on the bed". Asher kept teasing her to jump up on the bed, then she would attack Lily and knock her off. It was actually quite amusing because after Asher would succeed in knocking her off the bed, she would jump on my chest and cuddle up to me. I think she was rubbing it in to Lily that her mom is here and Lily's was not.

Oh, and yet again, Lily woke me up in the night because she was climbing up the curtains again but fell against the window and the bars on the window to keep children from falling out. She is a crazy cat and maybe an escape artist? Only hopefully she doesn't fall out the window. Just kidding, she could not get out of the window.

Also, Asher's favorite place lately has been on top of the refrigerator. She hops up there and looks out the sliding glass door. It cracks me up too because Lily can't get up there, so again Asher is on a power trip being 'above' Lily.


Dave is coming home this weekend and I am very excited! It has only been two weeks, but it feels like much longer. He gets to do laundry and enjoy the big city for a few days:) An update on Dave though, he has been busy at the hospital. This week there is a health fair of sorts in Cheyenne Wells, and the docs are doing skin examines and drawing blood and other sorts of basic health care exams. It is kind of like the 9 News Health Fairs that just occurred in the Denver area. Some cool things that Dave got to do: put an IV in a women (he got it on the first try), draw blood, gave a cortisone shot into a man's elbow, and other things but I can't remember them all. Either way, he has been very busy and learning lots!

That's all for now, another update on "The Cats of My Life" sitcom to come. Only a few more days of watching Lily though, so the excitement might dwindle.

No comments: